Join Our Team
JOB DESCRIPTION: CARPENTER
We are passionate about providing a high-quality service in all areas of our building projects, from initial concept to final code of compliance. Incorporating highly motivated team members, where the overall quality and pride in the job are the key factors to providing this service.
Our services currently focus on the following area:
- New home construction & renovations
Our mission is to undertake commercial & residential construction and renovation projects in the Greater Vancouver Region. We are expanding our business, up skilling our staff and providing a pathway to future success for the company, employees and contractors.
Position Status: Carpenter / Builder
Reporting Relationships: Site Foreman or Operations Manager
Expected hours of work: Standard hours are a minimum 8 hours per day on weekdays
However, the nature of this position may require time outside of standard hours.
Expected Pay Rate: Negotiable, dependent upon demonstrated ability and previous experience.
To be able to undertake any building task given to you by the foreman in a positive, efficient and productive manner with pride in workmanship and quality.
The focus of this position consists of the following areas:
- Arrive to work at the correct time
- If you need time off then you must give at least one week’s notice to the foreman
- If you are sick, contact the foreman before the shift start time
- Carry out all work as instructed by the foreman
- Have your own basic kit of tools and work towards acquiring more of them.
- Ensure that your tools are kept maintained in good working order so you can produce quality work. i.e. sharpen chisels regularly
- Track your hours accurately with our payroll app
- Make sure that the job site is a safe environment at all times
- It is expected that you will endeavour to abide by our code of conduct
- Strive towards producing high quality work in an appropriate time frame at all times
- Have fun, enjoy and be proud of what you achieve in your work day
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Key performance indicators will be largely assessed by 4 forms:
- Projects & stages completed under time
- Quality of work
- Client feedback
- Peer & foreman appraisals
The client will be given a questionnaire to complete regarding the overall impression of our team. This will include punctuality, quality, motivation, site cleanliness, etiquette, etc.
FUTURE POSSIBILITIES & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
PERSONAL DEVELOPMMENT & TRAINING
Up skilling courses as required. Contact management for guidance and discussion in these areas.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS
Our aim will be to help you develop in necessary areas to promote you to the role of a foreman.
- Extremely ambitious with the drive and commitment to succeed
- Passionate and committed to contributing to excellence in the business
- Highly motivated and focused
- Able to delight customers by exceeding expectations
- Attention to detail when required
- Shows initiative and is solution focused
- Well-presented and articulate
- You have a trade certificate in carpentry